Wine Blog Introduction - Stevie Heckman

I haven't been much of a wine drinker before in my life; however, in my experience there have been wines that taste amazing to me and wines that I can barely get down. That is one of the main reasons I decided to take this course because upon better understanding the aspects of wine and wine selection, I feel that I can learn to appreciate wine better and come to love it.

The only times when I actively drank wine were on vacations in Italy and in California, and that was purely because those areas were known for their wine so I felt obligated to drink wine there. Through those trips I found that I tend to like white wines more than red wines and any wine that is high in tannins is not wine that I enjoy. However, apart from that I was just drinking the wine for the experience and not necessarily because I was interested in exploring wine and figuring out what I like and don't like.

The main thing I want to learn from this class is the different types of wine and pair that with the experience of tasting as many types of wine as possible so I can better understand what types of wine I like so I can further explore wine and learn to enjoy it more.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Purple Owl Pinot Noir 2021

Tasting - Chateau Le Coin Bordeaux 2020

DTN Lesson 2 - Glasswear