Tasting - Purple Owl Pinot Noir 2021

Name:
 Purple Owl
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: United States of America
Year: 2021
Price: $12

Wine review: Purple Owl is no ordinary Pinot Noir – grapes for this juicy berry red are sourced from vineyards mostly in California’s prized Lodi region. A gentle pressing and careful vinification capture all its layers of vibrant cherry and raspberry fruit. (BBC Good Food and Wine Club)

Wine Folly: According to wine folly, Pinot Noir is dry and has primary flavors of cherry, raspberry, mushroom, clove, and hibiscus with medium body, low tannins, and medium-high acidity. (https://winefolly.com/grapes/pinot-noir/) I primarily tasted raspberry with floral notes and a little bit of clove spice. I also felt like it was dry, had a medium body, no/low tannins, and had medium acidity. 

My review: This was my favorite red I have had so far. It was significantly better than the Bordeaux. I am a big fan of raspberries and the lack of tannins made this a very pleasant red for me to drink. I didn't decant this and it could have potentially made it even better, rounding out the flavor more; however, it was still very pleasant as is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Chateau Le Coin Bordeaux 2020

DTN Lesson 2 - Glasswear