Tasting - Palacio de Menade 2021

Name: Palacio de Menade
Variety: Verdejo
Region: Castilla y Leon
Country: Spain
Year: 2021
Price: $14

Wine review: If you’re a fan of the increasingly brilliant, Sauvignon-like whites of northwest Spain, you’ll adore this gem from Castilla y León. It's made nearly all from local hero Verdejo, with a touch of Sauvignon and Viura, all grassy fresh and lemony. (BBC Good Food and Wine Club)

Wine Folly: According to wine folly, Verdejo is dry and has primary flavors of lime, green melon, grapefruit pith, fennel, and white peach with light body, no tannins, and medium high acidity. (https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/tasters-guide-to-verdejo-wine/) All I could really taste was lime and it was slightly herbaceous (no herb in specific just general herby flavor). On top of that it was definitely medium high acidity and had no tannins. However, I feel like the body was medium-light and I'd say this wine was slightly sweet (not dry but not necessarily sweet).

My review: I don't quite know how I feel about this wine, it tasted almost like watered down lime juice to me with hints of zest/herbs which wasn't bad for a few sips and was actually quite refreshing and enjoyable. However, it definitely isn't a wine I could drink a lot of because it got old quickly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Purple Owl Pinot Noir 2021

Tasting - Chateau Le Coin Bordeaux 2020

DTN Lesson 2 - Glasswear