Tasting - Stellenrust Heritage Chenin Blanc 2021

 

Name: Stellenrust Heritage Collection
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: Stellenbosh
Country: South Africa
Year: 2021
Price: $18

Wine review: The nose is wonderfully expressive with notes of jasmine, citrus, peach, pineapple and some leesy complexity. The palate meanwhile is just about pitch perfect – fantastic fruit concentration offset by tangy acidity. A perfect aperitif, or a fine match for shellfish. - 91 points (The Wine Cellar Group)



Wine Folly: According to wine folly, chenin blanc is dry and has primary flavors of quince, yellow apple, pear, chamomile, and honey with medium-light body, no tannins, and high acidity. (https://winefolly.com/grapes/chenin-blanc/) I personally could taste apple, pear, and a little bit of honey flavor but didn't get much chamomile and I don't know what quince tastes like, so I am unsure if it tastes like that. I also felt like it wasn't extremely dry, was acidic but not too acidic, had no tannins, and had a decent body to it (definitely lingered in the mouth more than the other white wine I had previously).

My review: This wine is really good. It was a lot smoother and mellower than the other white wine I had. It was very sweet apple/pear forward which was very pleasant. I would say it tastes similar to sparkling wine/champagne just slightly sweeter and not sparkling which made it very pleasant to drink. Similar to the other white wine I had I feel it would be better if chilled; however, it was still very pleasant at room temperature. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Purple Owl Pinot Noir 2021

Tasting - Chateau Le Coin Bordeaux 2020

DTN Lesson 2 - Glasswear